PAN card doesn’t show the address on its body. It just contains your name, you father’s/spouse’s name, your date of birth, a unique number and your photograph. However, the address is there while you filled the form for applying it. While filling we might have made some mistake and that address is for the communication purpose and we do have the provision to change that address as well. Let’s find how to change address in Pan card from below step by step guide:
- The first step you need to do, to change the address is to visit to the web address
- Once you are redirected to the clicked link the second step is to click on “Reprint of Pan Card”, which will again redirect you to a different page.
- After which click on the link which says “Online Application for Changes Or Correction in PAN Data (PAN Change Request Form)”. Once you will click you will see it will take you to a guideline page which will contain all the instructions. Read the instruction to avoid mistake and in the bottom of the page you will find a drop list box. Chose the correct option for yourself, such as suppose its your own PAN then chose” individual” option. Ant then click on select.
- After doing so a new page will come with different field which needs to be filled by you. The entire asterisk (*) fields are mandatory to fill failing which may lead to cancellation of the process.
- See there is a check box present in the left side, and these are mandatory fields. Now you have to give a tick in that field which is incorrect in you PAN card. Suppose the address mentioned is wrong that put a tick box in front of the address field.
- In the field 10 you have to give the current PAN number allotted to you as it is in advert, which makes it incorrect which means one of your information in PAN card is wrong hence a new number will be allotted to you.
- You also have to upload a relevant document to proof that the details requested for change are correct.
- You will be charged Rs. 6 as a processing fee, which you can pay through Demand draft, net banking or through debit/credit card. After finishing it click on submit. The based on your option you will have to complete the payment method after which you will receive a notification in your mail if you have given mail id.
Now as you have completed all the process, you need to wait for few days after which you will receive your updated PAN card on the communication address given by you.